Friday, March 31, 2006

Fly Lady Would Be So Proud

I got dressed and put on my shoes this morning! Tie-up shoes! Sneakers, even! This is an exciting moment for me, honest. Because I've been intentionally not putting shoes on for the past two weeks. At first I wouldn't even have thought about shoes--I was in my bathrobe most of the time anyway, and who wears shoes with a bathrobe? But for the past several days I had to make a deliberate choice not to put shoes on, in an effort to remind myself that I was still recovering from having given birth, and was not physically up to par yet...A far cry from it, in fact.

But yesterday Jamie was two weeks old, and I have now crossed over into that wonderful new world of "feeling much better" (really), and in recognition of this fact I am wearing shoes. And I feel great!

It's a good thing I do too, because I was the heroic wife today and have sent Shawn off on his first fishing excursion of the season, so I am ON MY OWN with the FOUR boys... A first, but undoubtedly NOT a last...

Okay, I'll try not to exaggerate my greatness: he's only gone till mid-afternoon. But I still feel pretty heroic. Now lets all pray that he catches lots of huge fish (or even one small one) so he won't have gone in vain.

And in the mean time, now that I've got my shoes on, let me go see what they'll do for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home