Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Quote of the Day

"The lure of the distant and the difficult is deceptive. The great opportunity is where you are." - John Burroughs

Sorry I don't have a lot of profound insights on this one, but it pretty much speaks for itself. Actually, God really did use it to speak to me in a pretty big way last year when I first ran across it. Shawn and I had been more than half-seriously considering taking a significant chunk of time and money and going on a "prayer trip" of sorts, and then I read this quote. Along with other things it confirmed to me that for this particular time and set of circumstances God wanted us to take seriously our job to pray consistently at home rather than spend a ton of money and go on a fun trip and pray somewhere else.

Plenty of other applications too, but that's how God used it for us at that time anyway. Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger gretchenemma said...

*There's a prayer request towards the end of the comments on the previous post--if you haven't read it yet, please do*

And feel free to add your own any time: what a great use for blogging!

"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ."

June 06, 2006 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home