Monday, July 10, 2006

Fun With Balloons...









Andrea and Kimberly and I took off in the car yesterday evening with the three older boys for a visit to a nearby Balloon Festival. I had never seen a hot air balloon up close before, and I was hoping we'd have a good view. It couldn't have been better. We were within just a few feet of the balloons as they were blowing them up (or whatever technical term I should be using), and it was so thrilling. They were HUGE! You could have fit the whole Cottage in one balloon! It was just amazing. The boys were so excited, and Ian kept shouting "Nah won! Nah won!" (If you say it out loud you can hear that he was trying to say "Another one! Another one!") We watched all of them lift off one after the other (there were maybe 8 or 10), before heading for home, our daily quota of excitement having been met and exceeded.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah you are back blogging!! I miss you!

July 10, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

Great pictures...I love the one with Kimberly and the boys. What fun!

July 12, 2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

HURRAY!! It was so much fun and I'm so glad I decided to join you! I love the pix... I haven't seen yours yet... I have an awesome one of Ian though (my only one sadly since I ran out of film).

July 16, 2006 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home