Friday, August 18, 2006

...New Every Morning

I would just like to comment this morning on the Faithfulness of God. I have been made aware of His faithfulness and love again, not because everything has been going so well, which is always my preferred state of existence, but because of those good old "...trials, sent as cords of love, binding us more closely to the things above."

And in this experience I have become painfully aware of so many other areas of my life that needed attention, mostly, if not all, along the lines of my thoughts. It is not enough for me to smoothly sail through the motions and inwardly be full of fear and discouragement and dread over what lies ahead, or what I think might lie ahead.

I don't want to live that way, and I know my loving Father is not content for me to live that way either. And sometimes maybe it takes a bit of a jolt to make me even realize what a rut I've fallen into: the default setting on my brain seems to be dread, more often than I realize, and if I just cruise through the days in "natural" mode, it can so easily stay right there without my ever noticing.

But God has been faithful to jolt me into awareness and dissatisfaction, and I am coming to Him this morning, as I realize I need to come every morning, every moment, to find Rest in Him.

I choose, again, to turn away from my own thoughts, my fears, my worry, my weakness, and to look to Jesus: the Creator of the whole earth, the Lover of my soul, the One who is full of power, full of knowledge, full of love (for me!), and who has a good plan for my life, including this day.

My family prayed for me on my birthday, which I value immeasurably, and one particular phrase Shawn used has stayed with me. He knows a lot of what I've been struggling through in my thoughts, and he prayed that this year I would be "Stayed upon Jehovah."

Stayed upon Jehovah hearts are fully blest,
Finding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest.

I'll take it! And I want it for you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home