Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bring it to Jesus

Feasting on the riches of His grace
Resting 'neath His sheltering wing
Always looking on His smiling face
That is why I shout and sing.

So if I'm not shouting and singing every day, maybe it's because I'm not taking enough time to look on His smiling face. (And also maybe because I'm not getting enough sleep).

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus -
Sweetest name I know
Fills my every longing
Keeps me singing as I go.
It's true. And I've experienced it. But it sure is hard to remember every second. I'm so thankful for the dear Holy Spirit, who has been reminding me of it, multiple times in the day--whenever I'm quiet enough to begin to hear Him: Reminding me that He can fill my every longing, that I can feast on the riches of His grace, I can rest beneath His sheltering wing even in the middle of the daily storms, that He can keep me singing, instead of drowning in discouragement, if I just come to Jesus.
Someone is talking about something I consider really bad news...
Bring it to Jesus.
Someone is telling me about something I really disagree with, and feel is actually wrong...
Bring it to Jesus.
I feel like I've given twice as much as I am capable of giving today, and it's only 6:00 in the evening with the long (evil) homestretch still to go...
Bring it to Jesus.
I'm not supposed to be able to do this on my own. Isn't that the whole point of Salvation? Redemption? The Cross? Because I can't do it on my own.
Just bring it to Jesus.
Come to Him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

awesome reminder Gretchen. I loved when you wrote that we are not supposed to be able to do this on our own. Good stuff!! I miss you.

October 20, 2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

thanks Gretchen, I needed that.

October 30, 2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

Will miss your posts...come back someday!

November 02, 2006 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home