Tuesday, September 05, 2006

One Day in the Life of...















...a Panic-stricken, About-to-start-homeschooling-for-the-first-time-ever Me!

Only this was taken last week, and since then the dust has settled considerably (although the piles on that table are actually much bigger!), and I think I have a pretty good idea of what we're going to do and where we're heading, for now anyway. I was starting to get really overwhelmed and bogged down in a particular curriculum's reading schedule, until Shawn stepped in with a typically mild comment that was just what I needed to hear. He just said "I don't think you need to be doing all that," or words to that effect.

SCREEEEECH!!!! [that's my mental brakes] What!? REALLY!?!?!?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...[huge sigh of relief as I come floating back down to rest gently on the earth once more]

So, we're starting simple: focusing on the good ol' "Three R's," and with a marvelous book list to read out loud from as time and my energy and everything else allows. Simple!

Simple, yes, but I know it's still going to require an abundance of God's grace for every single second.

But no need to worry, because there IS an abundance of God's grace for every single second! And I know the dear Holy Spirit will be faithful to remind me to come to Jesus whenever I forget, so I can connect with that grace.

Good for homeschooling, good for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Excellent job Grettie! Sounds good to me in all respects. :) So when's the official starting date? Was it today?

Believing for Grace to be evident!

September 05, 2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

Yes, good for you! The very thought is intimidating and overwhelming to me but certainly admirable. Is the table set up in the kitchen and is this going to be their work space or yours? And are you working with Gabriel too or just Michael?

September 05, 2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I have an incredible amount of admiration for you! I am SO glad I don't have to think about school yet. Blessings to you!

September 06, 2006 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home